Visual Description: Tandem sky-talk.
PRIZEP = ZIPPER, BARRHO = HARBOR, NACCHE = CHANCE, TENTIK = KITTEN, SAUYEN = UNEASY, DERTNY = TRENDY — Giving us: ZEHBHCETTEUERE
Clue/Question: They jumped out of the plane together and were able to – – -
Answer: “CHUTE“ THE BREEZE
(Plenty to like about today’s Jumble! We have another surprising new clue word, in “zipper”. ralis95 can finally add this common word to his world famous clue word database! All but “tentik” represent new jumbles, from my vantage. I struggled a bit in getting “uneasy”. I think that was jumbled very nicely. The answer letter layout was another fine jumble, but, with the great cartoon and the quotation marks, I had the answer without even looking at it. Of course, I did look at it for confirmation, but I didn’t really need to.
We lose interesting people almost on a daily basis. The bizarre deaths of Bob Simon and David Carr, within a day of each other. We lost Louis Jourdan on Valentine’s Day! Golfers Billy Casper and Charlie Sifford. In basketball we lost legendary college coaches Dean Smith and Jerry Tarkanian, then Jerome Kersey, then Earl Lloyd – the first Black man to play in the NBA, and now we’ve lost Anthony Mason – one of my all-time favorite Knicks! And on Friday, the world lost Leonard Nimoy. The inimitable Mr. Spock! Not sure why I’ve brought this up. Maybe, because of today’s cryptoquote??? I guess it just seems like it’s been a busy month for deaths. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- RIP, Leonard Nimoy (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: Actor Leonard Nimoy – famous for his ‘Mr. Spock’ role in ‘Star Trek’ – has died (gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com)
- Amazing Grace (thecrazycrone.org)
- Photos: A look back at Leonard Nimoy (interactives.woodtv.com)
- Here’s Bob Simon and David Carr’s Final Work (nymag.com)
- Boomer & Carton: A Somber Start, Earning Your Money And Sitting With Monks (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Love Poem #23 (amandahawk.wordpress.com)
- Jumbled up Spelling (chattingwithkids.wordpress.com)
- Retrowave: What Happens When Tron Mates With Back to the Future [Video] (geeksaresexy.net)
- MFA Receives Trove Of Art Seized By The Nazis (artery.wbur.org)