Visual Description: The classic: Oh crap! moment.
RIHWL = WHIRL, CUEND = DUNCE, GLOREN = LONGER, TRAMWH = WARMTH — Giving us: WILDNELONWTH
Clue/Question: Climbing the mountain was going fine until the weather – – -
Answer: WENT DOWNHILL
(Very good pun! Free climbing a mountain, or escarpment, is difficult enough under optimal weather conditions. Mix in rain, or snow, and you’re in a doubly difficult time. Which is one of the reasons why yer ol’ uncle is a chicken crap couch potato! Oh, I don’t mind a nice hike up a Class B trail, but dealing with hand/footholds is much more than I want to deal with. I prefer my entire feet on the ground, and my hands free to do more important things, like scratch my butt, or pick my nose. But, not in that order!
Hey, we had two new clue words today! Yeah, both “longer” and “warmth” are soon to be new additions to the ralis95 clue word database. So clearly those jumbles are new, but also the jumble for “whirl” is new. Only the one for “dunce” has definitely been used before. The answer letter layout was a jumble masterpiece. It gave nothing away. And, the cartoon was pretty special. Great perspective, in displaying the perils of climbing. I thought this was a great all-around Jumble. What did you guys think? Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- emotional feedback loop (bothsidesofthewall.wordpress.com)
- Poem of the Day – Approach the clamouring (poetscornerblog.wordpress.com)
- Roads closed in two regions of Kazakhstan due to weather conditions (inform.kz)
- Erez Marom: Why you shouldn’t always believe the forecast (dpreview.com)
- KPIX Weathercaster Loses It Describing Her ‘Weather Stick’ (adweek.com)
- How it Began (rompoetry.com)