Visual Description: Looking lousy on the links.
VORBA = BRAVO, MILTI = LIMIT, DYIMAD = MIDDAY, SENSUL = UNLESS — Giving us: AVLIIDDLES
Clue/Question: Following his friend’s advice instead of seeing his doctor was – – –
(Not a bad pun. Reminds me a little of that one shingles medication commercial, where the guy – with shingles – is out at the driving range! When you have the shingles as bad as that guy does, you have no business playing golf. I had a guy who worked for me who had a bad case of shingles and he was out of work for a few weeks. I’ve had one flare up of shingles, and so has my wife, but we were fortunate that they were constrained to a fairly small area, and were nowhere’s near as bad as the poor people you see in the commercials.
All of the clue words are old favorites. A couple of the jumbles were new, but we’ve seen both “milti” and “sensul” in the past. The answer letter layout was a beautiful jumble. It’s a little unusual to have a form of the answer word in the clue/question, but not unheard of. That’s a heck of a hat the one duffer is wearing! Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Experts seeing more cases of shingles in younger people (wdtn.com)
- Is Shingles Contagious? What You Need to Know (medicalnewstoday.com)
- How to Live With Shingles (wikihow.com)
- The Golf Club: New Driving Range Opens At Brookline Golf Course (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Golf range uses Trump and Hillary as targets (redalertpolitics.com)
- Fore! (sheila365.com)
- How To Workout In The Morning (styleontheside.com)