Visual Description: Upper West Side pizza parlor, circa 1979 . . . or so.
GIBEE = BEIGE, ROPAN = APRON, LACCEK = CACKLE, GHRACE = CHARGE — Giving us: EIEAPNCACCHE
Clue/Question: John Lennon wasn’t certain he’d like the pizza, but he decided to give the – – –
Answer: “PIECE“ A CHANCE
(A nice homophonic pun! I’d bet dollars to donuts that you won’t find a cover of Give Peace a Chance on Tyga‘s latest CD. Hey, if he doesn’t know Sir Paul he definitely doesn’t know John! In all fairness to the pup, it was his security/bouncer who denied Paul McCartney, and company, entrance to Tyga’s Grammy after-party. You have to wonder about those people guarding the entrance though. I’m pretty sure Paul and Beck and Taylor didn’t pull up to the affair in a 1999 Honda Civic, or climb off of a city bus! No. I’m sure it was a stretch SUV. You gotta figure that these people are someones importanté. No? Make a phone call to someone inside, ya bozo!
No new clue words today, but all of the jumbles seem to be new. I got them all right away, but they were all good jumbles. The answer letter layout was another dandy. And, the cartoon was a lot of fun. A little trip down memory lane. “Ev’rybody’s talking about . . . ” Rave-ism, Fave-ism, Dave-ism, Brave-ism, Crave-ism and being well and doing good-ism. Right?) — YUR
- ‘How VIP do we gotta get?’: Sir Paul McCartney turned away from Grammys after-party (telegraph.co.uk)
- Top Ten Beatles Facts (thetoptens.com)
- Paul McCartney Denied Access to GRAMMY After Party (wzlx.cbslocal.com)
- The Beatles UK number ones (telegraph.co.uk)
- Tyga Explains Why Paul McCartney Was Denied from His GRAMMY Party (fresh1027.cbslocal.com)
- John Lennon inspires, teaches through music bus (koin.com)
- Don’t waste time finding the best person (startupblog.wordpress.com)
- Yoko Ono: I still miss John more than 35 years after his murder (itv.com)
- The Universe Loves Me And It Loves You Too (brownvagabonder.com)
- You say you want a Revolution? The Beatles on How Change Happens (oxfamblogs.org)