Visual Description: A soaking sight-seeing trip in eastern Europe.
PIMLE = IMPEL, CANKK = KNACK, LEPYUL = PULLEY, TENERL = RELENT — Giving us: IKAUERN
Clue/Question: When they got caught in the downpour in Kiev, they were in the – – –
(Clever pun! I’m sure that a number of you may have had some difficulty in getting today’s answer. Especially, if you are not too keen on modern geography! Of course, Kiev is an old city, and Ukraine has been – off and on – an independent region/nation. But, from 1922 until 1991 it was a – largely unwilling – republic of the Soviet Union. I’d like to see Kiev some day.
Decent clue word jumbling. Unless ralis95 has sent me an updated clue word database, “pulley” is a new clue word! The answer letter layout is swell. It might have helped in stumping some of you. And, the usual great Jeff Knurek cartoon.
I’m going to tell you guys what I told my Cryptoquote spoiler fans: Be well, do good . . . and be careful tonight, friends. If you’re going to be drinking, please drink in moderation. If you are going out and drink, please consider enlisting the services of a designated driver. And remember, it’s not just you. There are likely to be many, many drunk drivers out tonight. It’s one of the reasons New Year’s Eve is known as Amateur Night. Happy New Year, guys and gals!) — YUR
- A Man Died in Kiev After Beating on the Maidan (maidantranslations.wordpress.com)
- Breathtaking Video of Kiev Protests Wasn’t Filmed by Humans (mukeshbalani.wordpress.com)
- Startup Hackathon In Kiev Today Hopes To Build Tools For Euromaidan Protest (newinformationlinks.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Ukraine protests draw thousands onto Kiev streets (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Ukrainian Journalist Beaten Outside Kiev (novinite.com)
- Thousands Protest in Kiev, Call for Resignation (novinite.com)
- Fresh Ukraine protests draw thousands onto Kiev streets (lunaticoutpost.com)