Visual Description: Visitors to New England’s “Lumber State”.
SADIY = DAISY, SWONH = SHOWN, SLIEIM = SIMILE, BEMMUL = MUMBLE — Giving us: DAHNSIIME
Clue/Question: Their lobster in Bangor was a . . .
Answer: “MAINE“ DISH
(That Jeff Knurek! He really likes the state of Maine! “Where America’s Day Begins” or “Maine: We’re Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster” They’ve got some great parks and mountains too. It’s not all about the lobster, although I’m sure most tourist go there expecting to eat a nice big one.
Interesting jumbling of the clue words, today. I really liked the way “shown” was laid out. We have another surprising new clue word to add to the ralis95 database, in “mumble”. The answer letter layout was beautifully cryptic. The answer itself was fairly evident. However, it’s a cute cartoon, and the whole thing worked well.
If Jeff’s Michigan Wolverines can beat the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, tonight, I’ll have to take my hat off to him! Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
PS. I almost never wear a hat. — YUR
- Lobstermen finding more odd colors in the catch (bangordailynews.com)
- Red Hot Acadia (bellaremyphotography.wordpress.com)
- In Maine, more lobsters than they know what to do with. (nytimes.com)
- Wicked Good Lobstah Suppah, paht 1 – Lobster Lessons (cleverchickadee.wordpress.com)
- Michigan Vs. Notre Dame: Fighting Irish’s Jamoris Slaughter Out For Season (detroit.sbnation.com)