Visual Description: Larcenous detainees vying to emote with real conviction.
LVEAV = VALVE, SPETW = SWEPT, SOHDAW = SHADOW, SLUDOH = SHOULD — Giving us: ALESTSWHO
Clue/Question: The prison play wasn’t going well because they all wanted to . . .
Answer: STEAL THE SHOW
(Cute. No new clue words today. Jumbling was OK. Same with the answer letter layout. These guys need to chill out. Whoever gets the lead, the show is assured to have a captive audience. The guards just have to make sure the felons only figuratively kill the audience. This cartoon puts me in mind of two great prison movies. Brute Force, with Burt Lancaster – THE Man – and Hume Cronyn. And, The Shawshank Redemption, with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. These are two of my all-time favorite dramatic movies. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.” Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
PS. The From Here To Eternity pic is for all you ladies out there! — YUR
- Burt Lancaster Sings (cinemascopeloid.wordpress.com)
- 1946 – Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner – ‘The Killers’ (veganchiq.wordpress.com)
- John Farr: Burt Lancaster: Always Larger Than Life (huffingtonpost.com)
- From Here To Eternity (1953) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Film Review: Rope of Sand (1949) (classicfilmexaminer.wordpress.com)
- Coup d’état: Seven Days In May ” ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984+. ~ (BLOG & EMAIL) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Scorpio (1973): An underrated spy thriller (classicfilmexaminer.wordpress.com)