Visual Description: Observing the captive lupine word slinger.
NIYWD = WINDY, ARVOF = FAVOR, DISARU = RADIUS, GEIGLG = GIGGLE — Giving us: WINFVORAIIGL
Clue/Question: They went to the zoo in Richmond to see a . . .
Answer: VIRGINIA WOLF
(12 letter answer . . . on a Monday? Wow. Pretty impressive. Some interesting clue word jumbling today. From my Stats page, I can see that a number of you – 42 so far – are having trouble coming up with “radius”. We’ve seen it before, but with different scramblings. It seems that “windy” is new to the ralis95 clue word database. Surprising, because it’s an ultra-common adjective, but wonders never cease. The answer letter layout was masterful. Nothing given away there. And, a nice silly cartoon to round things out. It is a long answer, but one might expect to see quotation marks around the second word. That being the bigger play on words, and the modified spelling of Virginia Woolf. Maybe the wolf’s name is Clarissa? Hmm. I wonder if she’s writing on the new I-Slate I’ve been hearing about. Hmm. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Will Wyoming’s wolves be next? (preciousjules1985.wordpress.com)
- Government ‘excited’ about wolf discovery (cbc.ca)
- Yay, mosquitoes… (chocopal.wordpress.com)
- 14 Wolves Aerial Gunned In The Lolo…. (howlingforjustice.wordpress.com)
- Some more red wolf nonsense (retrieverman.wordpress.com)
- Idaho’s War On Wolves – Please Sign Petition (preciousjules1985.wordpress.com)
- Northern Rocky Mountain Wolves: A Public Policy Process Failure By Wendy Keefover Ring ~ WildEarth Guardians (howlingforjustice.wordpress.com)