Visual Description: Soldiers, working those upper bodies!
ECERH = CHEER, WADRN = DRAWN, AFLEEM = FEMALE, MOSNUM = SUMMON — Giving us: CERDRFAESMO
Clue/Question: The gym at the military base strengthened the . . .
Answer: ARMED FORCES
(With a very fitting message in the background, right next to an American flag! Of course, this only has meaning for Americans. And, for any country who feels they benefited from American military intervention. For a lot of our readers, who do the Jumble, this is just another day. I guess the same thing applies to the Fourth of July, Veteran’s Day, President’s Day and – our – Thanksgiving.
We had a new clue word today, in “summon”! Fairly tough, as was “female”. Stellar answer letter layout of our ARMED FORCES! The entire Jumble made for a nice, and respectful, pun. Be well, do good . . . and remember, friends.) — YUR
- On Memorial Day, veterans healthcare, biblical view, and think-tank essays (letters) (al.com)
- Veteran’s Day and Reading: A Reminder (1manandhisbooks.wordpress.com)
- Americans Pay Tribute All Over the Country (drses.wordpress.com)
- memorial day: let’s never forget (phylor.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day and the Flag ( a Re-post From 2011) (quietstreams.wordpress.com)
- Recognizing Those Who Died in Service on Memorial Day (fearlesscompetitor.com)