Visual Description: It’s like a scene from an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants!
MATDI = ADMIT, CHALT = LATCH, VEYURS = SURVEY, YADSEW = SWAYED — Giving us: DMILAHRVEAYE
Clue/Question: The octopus made such a good security guard because he was always this.
Answer: HEAVILY ARMED
(Cute! I solved all the clue words and wrote out the answer letters, then I let my daughter guess the answer. It didn’t take her very long. She’s pretty good at the Jumble. She just doesn’t do it every day, like her old man does! I had no trouble with the first three clue words. I even thought that the jumble for “survey” was a little too obvious. But, I did have some trouble in getting “swayed”. I’ve never been a fan of verbs ending in “ed” as clue words, so I guess my bias was at work. As it turns out, “swayed” is new as a clue word, so ralis95 has some updating to do to his clue word database. I thought that the answer letter layout was very good, today. The cartoon is great. Lots of fun characters. Great way to end the work week. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Justice Dept. won’t bring charges against any Goldman Sachs employees for fraud charges related to the mortgage crisis. U.S.A. U.S.A [Obvious] (fark.com)
- Confused Why So Many Foreign Banks Are Suddenly Being Charged By The US? Here’s Why (zerohedge.com)
- Warning from U.S. Regulators: “U.S. banks told to make plans for preventing collapse” (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Why The US Is So Attractive To Money Laundering Banks (zerohedge.com)
- Libor to be overhauled as part of reforms (guardian.co.uk)
- British Agency that was supposed to oversee LIBOR admits that LIBOR should disappear (rightwingliberal.wordpress.com)
- LIBOR scandal is merely one symptom of bank problems (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)