Visual Description: Kind of a hybrid April Fool’s/Friday the 13th scenario.
TOBOH = BOOTH, TOLCH = CLOTH, WEVELT = TWELVE, ADDNEW = DAWNED — Giving us: OOTCLTTEEDNE
Clue/Question: He was going to run for president, but in the end he . . .
Answer: ELECTED NOT TO
(This, again, would have made for a great Unclerave’s Wiseguy of the Day contest. But, those take up too much time, so you guys have been spared, once again! It actually took a few minutes for me to catch on to the answer, but I figured the first word ended in “ED” and the last word was likely “TO”. I thought the answer letter layout was beautifully cryptic, today. You really had to take the sum of all the parts of the Jumble to come up with today’s answer. No new clue words, today, but everything was nicely jumbled. Actually, Jeff Knurek running for office isn’t scary, at all. He’s very civic minded and socially conscious. But, if David L. Hoyt were to run . . . Brrrrr! I shudder to think of that! LOL! Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
PS. 27 years ago, today, the Live Aid concert(s) took place, largely in London and Philadelphia, but also some performances from: Sidney, Cologne, The Hague, and Moscow. It was hu-uge! Trump had nothing to do with it . . . but it was hu-uge! — YUR
- July 13 1985 Live Aid concert (craighill.net)
- Making A Bold Prediction: Bankers Will Get Off Lighly With That Interest Rate Rigging Scam (stirringtrouble.wordpress.com)
- David Bowie Mick Jagger Dancing In The Streets (davidbowienews.wordpress.com)
- There are people dying now, so give me the money (lucyinnovation.wordpress.com)
- Last of the Summer Wine Country (paulaacton.wordpress.com)