Visual Description: “We come on the sloop John B . . . “
MTUSR = STRUM, TOENF = OFTEN, FIDREF = DIFFER, RAMACE = CAMERA — Giving us: STRTEDIAME
Clue/Question: He became so good at putting up the sails that he did this.
Answer: MASTERED IT
(I think this would have made a super Unclerave’s Wiseguy of the Day Contest, but I took too much time with the Cryptoquote Spoiler to allow for all that goes along with the contest. So, you guys dodged another bullet, I guess. Don’t worry, though. I’ll be sticking it to you guys, soon enough. Just you wait!
Some really good clue words, all nicely jumbled. I struggled a little with “often”, even though it’s a Jumble staple. It didn’t take me too long to come up with “camera”, but as it turns out, it is new to the Jumble, and ralis95 will need to update his clue word database, once again! The answer letter layout was beautifully cryptic. I don’t think many got the answer from it! The cartoon itself, probably helped most of you guys to get the answer. The Master Mariner is standing at the mast! But, the answer is just a little on the obscure side, which suits me just fine! Master is a very specific designation of professionalism in England. Some of you may be fans of the movie, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, with Russell Crowe. I thought it was a really super movie, and was hoping for a sequel. But, so far, No! Maybe if they had made it in the 1940′s, or ’50s, instead of the 2000′s, there would have been more, but people today seem to prefer fantasy and comedy, over historical fare. Oh, well! A great toast in the movie goes: “To wives and sweethearts! May they never meet.” Alright. I’ve already blathered on for far too long. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Setting Sail to New Adventures (kindreljuliet.wordpress.com)
- Coast Guard ready to sail back to Panatag Shoal (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- Bride With Sails (sweet1talks.wordpress.com)
- Yesteday When out on Mai-Star II for it (jstarboat.wordpress.com)
- Freedom Steel Buildings Sets Sail To The Caribbean (prweb.com)
- WANNA BE II: To the Pilgrim – Gbadegesin Sijuade-Kings (kingsiju.wordpress.com)
- Guest blogger: Pastor Bryan Lowe (tannngl.wordpress.com)