“Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of spirit.“ — Khalil Gibran, or جبران خليل جبران
Archive for April 26th, 2012
Tags: Codes, cryptogram, Cryptoquote, Khalil Gibran, Puzzles, quotes, Rebecca Kornbluh, Word Games
(So many wonderful, meaningful quotations, squeezed into an all too short life! And, so many great quotes on love and friendship! Sometimes, I think it’s true that only the good die young. However, if he were living in America today, he’d likely be detained at the airport, nearly every single time. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Your thought and mine – Khalil Gibran (eimaan.wordpress.com)
- Khalil Gibran The Prophet(Music book) deutsch (milenanik3.wordpress.com)
- The eye of a human being is a microscope, which makes the world seem bigger than it really is. Khalil Gibran (fahimish.com)
- Khalil Gibran: On Giving And Taking… (milenanik3.wordpress.com)
- “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” Khalil Gibran Good night, my friends. Sweet dreams. (waselife.wordpress.com)
- Children by Kahlil Gibran (blessedlywoman.wordpress.com)
Tags: daily jumble, jumble solution, Puzzles, tacivy, tclihg, Word Games
Visual Description: The unfortunate reality of far too many ERs these days.
USPOY = SOUPY, GITFH = FIGHT, TACIVY = CAVITY, TCLIHG = GLITCH — Giving us: SOPIHTATYLI
Clue/Question: After getting to the emergency room, he was hoping (in vain) for some . . .
(Boy, can I ever sympathize with this guy! It looks like he’s having to deal with outright rudeness, while I only had to deal with horrendous inefficiency and indifference. You really don’t get a good sense of time here, but I would have gladly traded the rudeness he’s getting for the nearly 5 hours that Good Samaritan Hospital – in Suffern, NY – made me wait, in their waiting room, a year ago January. As the Cryptoquote demonstrates, every quotation seems to have an equal and opposite quote. “Good things come to those who wait” did not work out so well for me, or the woman with the huge gash in her hand. I don’t think being the squeaky wheel would have made much of a difference, though. I never even saw a doctor. Only a gruff X-ray tech and a fairly green P.A. The next time me, or my family, is in need of emergency care I’m going out of my way to the hospital across the county. Well, at least if it’s non-life threatening.
Great clue words today, and all of them were well-jumbled. None are new, but I really liked seeing “cavity” and “glitch”. It’s hard to put my finger on it, but I wasn’t thrilled, today, with the answer letter layout. Maybe switching “soupy” and “fight” would have made it a little tougher. IHTSOPATYLI? Eh! Menza Menza. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Debt Collectors Take Places Alongside Hospital Staffs – NYTimes.com (lennyesq.wordpress.com)
- Debt Collectors in the ER and Delivery Room: Is Profit-Driven Medicine at a … – TIME (drugstoresource.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Gone Wild (deidraangelofdeath.wordpress.com)