Visual Description: Hey! These Seven Wonders don’t build themselves, ya know!
SUTTN = STUNT, APEOR = OPERA, REGNOV = GOVERN, TASTET = ATTEST — Giving us: STNOEAGORT
Clue/Question: Building such a long wall in China was this for the construction crew.
Answer: NOT SO GREAT
(You mean they used non-union labor to build these things??? Why, I’m shocked! Cool drawing. It definitely gives you a feel for the wall, and some of the landscape of northern China. I guess there’s really more than one wall. Over the centuries the borders changed somewhat, and they’re made up of actual fortifications of brick, stone, wood, etc., and natural barriers such as hills and rivers. It’s something I’d love to experience in person, some day. I bet some Chinese hikers make it their life’s ambition to hike the entire length of it, much like many American and Canadian hikers do the Appalachian Trail. Cool.
All the clue words were extremely well-jumbled today. None were new to the ralis95 clue word database, but some of the jumblings tripped me up some. Once again, I had trouble coming up with “opera” and “attest”. Probably because they both start with vowels. The answer letter layout gave nothing away, again! The answer itself was pretty much a foregone conclusion. You knew the word GREAT had to be the third word. Maybe the NOT SO aspect threw a few. The Clue/Question wasn’t really geared for a negative-type answer. The answer. A little understatement on the human condition? How’s that back-breaking, slave labor working for you? How ’bout them whippings?? What? Not so great?! Really?!?! Hmmm! Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Less-Great Fragment of Great Wall of China Discovered in Mongolia [Discoveries] (gawker.com)
- New section of the Great Wall of China uncovered (leggotunglei808.wordpress.com)
- “Lost” Great Wall of China Segment Found? (leggotunglei808.wordpress.com)
- Great Wall of China Trek (chasingparadisegalz.wordpress.com)
- Jews Built NE China? (coplansinchina.wordpress.com)
- Great Wall My Love: Los Angeles Screening (jacajacjac.wordpress.com)