Visual Description: Young Will and friends frolicking in Stratford-upon-Avon.
TUYOH = YOUTH, ASIDY = DAISY, GEGLAH = HAGGLE, PARTUB = ABRUPT — Giving us: YOTDISLEAUP
Clue/Question: When Shakespeare was a child, he liked to do this.
Answer: PLAY OUTSIDE
(It’s always fun when the guys tailor their puzzles to significant days in history. William Shakespeare died on this day – April the 23rd – in 1616, and many believe he was also born this same day, in 1564. There were no official birth certificates in those days, and it’s not like he was royalty, or anything. Anyhow, he was baptized on April the 26, so maybe it was common to be baptized within a few days, back then. Ahdoansnow! It just sounds kinda cool to say he died on his birthday, I guess. For those of you who can’t be bothered doing the math, he was exactly – allegedly – 52 years old when he died. Not all that old, even for those days, and the cause of death remains a mystery to this day.
No new clue words today, but they were all jumbled well. I got the first three at a glance, but had to think a bit to get “abrupt”. It’s a great word, if not a little on the unusual side. And, of course, words starting with vowels are always a little tougher to come up with. The answer letter layout was once again masterful! If I wasn’t able to figure things out from the elements of the cartoon, I don’t think I could have solved it by the answer letter layout alone. By the way, lots of neat attention to detail in the drawing. The bowl-cut haircuts on the boys, the puffy sleeved shirts, the pointy hat on the girl, the thatched roof and the wooden shutters, and the make-shift stage. All great stuff!
That is all. Be well and doeth good, mine friends.) — YUR
- Happy Birthday Shakespeare! (bedfordnetwork.wordpress.com)
- Shakespeare by the Sea, Plimmerton (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- Shakespeare Tweets! Retweets (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- When that I was and a little tiny boy (by William Shakespeare) (tranceworldnow.wordpress.com)
- Shakespeare be damned! Punctuation matters! (probablydontlikeyou.wordpress.com)
- April 23 1564 and 1616 Birth and Death of William Shakespeare (chinadailymail.com)