Visual Description: Norwegian Cruise Lines . . . the early years.
REETX = EXERT, SWKIH = WHISK, AURROP = UPROAR, TILUGY = GUILTY — Giving us: XEWSROIT
Clue/Question: They would have been better off if the boat had more of these.
Answer: EXIT ROWS
(This belongs in the Pantheon of Classic Jumbles! It’s got it all. Great clue words, all expertly jumbled. Top-notch answer letter layout, giving nothing away. A little double meaning with the answer. And, a cartoon that is both a little somber and humorous, at the same time. The sad-sack, in the back, is the set-up man. I guess you could call the happy guy near the gang-plank kind of the bonus clue. Since it takes place on the water, you got the classic sinking sailboat on the horizon. But, this time it’s a sinking Viking sailboat! And, how many Jumble answers can you think of that used the letter X? It just doesn’t get much better than this, guys. Be well and do good, friends.) — YUR
- Erik’s First Birthday (bewhiskered.wordpress.com)
- Viking Ocean Cruises Orders Two 888-guest Passenger Cruise Ships (seatravel.wordpress.com)
- Vikings Book List (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Viking barley in Greenland (ancientfoods.wordpress.com)
- Going Viking (nebraskaenergyobserver.wordpress.com)
- Greenland: On the Viking trail to Hvalsey, Brattahlid, and Itteleq (elliottneep.wordpress.com)